Do you want to fly with Karasuno’s rising stars? Condition yourself to jump like Hinata Shoyo!
Haikyuu!! beginning workout
Description : plyometric, cardio
- walk (10-15 mins)
- 50 standing knee raises
- jog in place (2 mins)
- 30 jumping jacks
Step 1 :
- plie jump squats (25). Make sure you don’t let your knees bend past your toes! Use whichever arm position works best for you. Personally, I prefer the one in the second picture, with arms near the chest.
- 30 lunges (15 on each leg)
- 30 mountain climbers (15 on each leg)
- 10 burpees
Repeat Step 1 3-5 times.
Step 2 :
- wall jumps (2 minutes)
- 20 squat knee raises (15 one each side; a regular squat with a knee raise each time you come up). Squat technique is shown in Step 1. When you come up, raise your knee to the side, as your legs should already be in position after the squat. I recommend keeping hands like the “prayer hands” position in step 1.
- 30 speed skaters (15 on each side, without jump) video reference here
- 40 mountain climbers (20 on each leg)
Repeat Step 2 3-5 times.
Step 3 :
- 50 jumping jacks
- 20 lunge jumps (video reference here)
- 50 standing knee raises (no jump or squat)
Repeat Step 3 3-5 times.
Step 4 : COOL DOWN!
- walk (10-15 minutes)
- STRETCH THOROUGHLY. I’ve found that some of the following work best after a plyometrics workout.
Well done! If you keep this up and stay focused, you’ll be ready to fly like Hinata and the Little Giant in no time!